As its Christmas time, cookies, cakes and all the treats you can imagine, become acceptable to eat at any time of the day! So, to overcome this, and to still feel as if I’m indulging, I have recreated one of my favourite treats in a healthy, nutritious and protein packed way!
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil,
- 40g of coconut sugar (this gives a delicious caramel flavour),
- 1 egg (whisked),
- 2 tablespoons of Black Strap Molasses,
- 30g of vanilla pea protein (I used MissFitsNutrition),
- 1 teaspoon each of cinnamon and ginger,
- 25g of ground almonds,
- Date hearts
- Pre heat the oven to 160C and grease a large baking sheet.
- Melt together the coconut oil, sugar and molasses until well combined.
- Add in the whisked egg, whisking until all the egg is mixed in.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients (except for the date hearts) until you have quite a sticky mix.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon out one tablespoon per cookie on to the baking tray and flatten with the back of a clean spoon!
- Place a date heart carefully in to the centre of each cookie and then pop in the oven for around 20 minutes!
- Most importantly, take out, leave to cool, eat and enjoy!