Since deciding to cut out all animal products I have tried a few recipes for vegan pancakes, and I have finally found the perfect recipe! Not only that, they’re protein pancakes! After I got my hands on Nutristrength’s Pea Cocoa Protein Powder, I decided to give them a whirl and they came out SO GOOD.
Here’s the recipe
- 1/3 cup Nutristrength Pea Protein
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup soy yoghurt
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1 table spoon vanilla bean paste
- Coconut oil for the pan (I used Nutristrength coconut oil)
- Mix protein powder, ground almonds, and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Next, add the milk, yoghurt, banana and vanilla extract to your blender and blend together.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet blended mixture and stir together until there are no more bumps.
- Heat a medium sized frying pan over a low to medium heat, and add a small amount of coconut oil to the pan.
- Spoon a table spoon of mixture into the centre of the pan. As the texture is different to normal pancakes, it may not bubble as usual, and in my experience they take a lot longer than regular pancakes, so wait until the mixture is set and be careful when flipping!
- Serve them up with your favourite toppings, my go to is almond butter, pomegranate seeds, banana and strawberries!
I am so so glad that I have found a recipe that works! And Nutristrength’s products so far have been amazing, I love that non-dairy and vegan supplements are becoming more easily available for us! Nutristrength is now available in Planet Organic, Wholefoods and As Nature Intended, which is awesome! If you want to check out more of their products and what their philosophy is all about, check out their website.
Let me know if you try the recipe, would love to know what you think! xo